Apply Exchange Server 2003 SP2
- Backup the Server, Exchange Server 2003 Installation, before and after applying Service Packs.
- Download [http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/bb288486.aspx|Exchange 2003 SP2] from Microsoft Support and Downloads. The file name E3SP2ENG is the English version.
- Unzip / Extract the file E3SP2ENG (or the file for your language/locale) to the same directory/folder where you saved it upon download. It will create a new folder and subfolders structure there.
- In Windows Explorer, browse ro c:\your download path\E3SP2ENG\Setup\ folder and Run the file update.exe by double clicking it. The installation wizard should appear. Click Next, Click the radio button next to I AGREE and to accept the SP2 License Agreement, ant then click Next.
The Pre-selected installation options will appear, such as:
Update - Microsoft Exchange - Current Ver. 6.5
Update - Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services - Current Ver. 6.5
Update - Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools - Current Ver. 6.5
Installation Path c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr
- Leave these update / selections alone unless you have good reason to select something additional, but Click Next.
The Installation Summary will appear, which is a recapitulation of the above options that were pre-selected and not changed. Click Next.
The installation Component Progress will appear and a check mark will appear in front of each of the following when they are installed:
- Micorosft Exchange
- Microsoft Exchange Forest Prep
- Micorosft Exchange Domain Prep
- Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services
- Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools
Completed the Microsoft Exchange Wizard
- Click Finished.
- Recommend Restarting Windows Server to save the new settings after applying Exchange 2003 SP2. Also recommend backing-up the installation or entire O/S. It may be easier to use something like Bart's X-PE to boot your server, and use Ghost 9 to backup an image (or images of each) installation and data partition, saving those partition images into a pre-named folder on an attached external USB drive. You can restore from there if you later have a problem with configurations after installing Exchange 2003 SP2. This is only recommended before configuring exchange mail boxes or before using ExMerge to restore mailbox data from a retiring Exchange Server.
wiki/apply_exchange_server_2003_sp2.txt · Last modified: 2017/10/29 21:54 by 127.0.0.1