Table of Contents
SOLVED - CubeCart V6 Store Front Displays a Blank White Page
- Login to the admin dashboard of your CubeCart store.
- On the left navigation menu near the bottom, find and click the 'Error Log' link and then select the 'System Error Log' tab at the top center.
- The latest error should be near the top. The error that I found referred to the following: gd.class.php:102 - Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg()
- I had moved my CubeCart website to a new IIS7 Web server on Windows platform, from an Apache Server, and the new server also had a PHP upgrade - from PHP 5.x.x (on Apache webserver) to PHP 7.x.x (on the IIS7 webserver on Windows)
- I located the gd.class.php file in the '/classes/' folder of the CubeCart website on the server.
- I opened the gd.class.php file using NotePad++ editor and went directly to LINE 102 referenced in the latest entry of the CubeCart system error log.
- Line 102 was calling to a function requiring that the gd extension must be enabled in the windows server's php.ini file.
- Close the gd.class.php file within Notepad++ without saving any changes.
- I needed to enable the php_gd2.dll extension within the php.ini file. On Windows server, PHP v7 was installed to the path 'c:\php\' and the .dll extensions are located in the path 'c:\php\ext\'
- Locate and open the php.ini file in the php directory of your server using NotePad++ editor.
- Remove the leading semicolon ';' from in front of the text 'extension=php_gd2.dll' (to enable the gd extension), and then save the php.ini file using NotePad++.
- Close NotePad++
- Restart IIS Server
- Go to the home page of your CubeCart store front
- Voila!!! It's all there!!!
This Troubleshooting was based in part on the CubeCart knowlegebase: Hosting Issues located at the following link: https://support.cubecart.com/knowledgebase/article/View/219/42/i-get-a-blank-white-screen-when-i-view-my-store, which knowlegebase article was posted by Al Brookbanks on 29 October 2014 10:23 AM
Fix the '404 error' that displays after selecting the CubeCart menu and product links
- The .htaccess file contains rewrite conditions, but IIS7 cannot interpret .htaccess like Apache2 webserver.
- You need click on the URL Rewrite rules Icon within your website configuration in Internet Information Services, and import the .htaccess file (located in the root folder of the Website)
- The Website URL Rewrite rules that you import will be stored in a 'web.config' file in the root of your website
- There may be one error upon import that will prevent you from saving the rewrite rules to the web.config file.
- You need to delete the line 'RewriteBase /' before saving to the web.config file
- Restart IIS server
- Go test the store front of your website in your web browser. The secondary page links should no longer display the 404 error.
If You are Using IIS7, make sure that you install Microsoft URL Rewrite Module 2.0 for IIS (x64) or (x32) as applicable
- The most current MS Installer (*.MSI) file name available at the time of this publication is 'rewrite_2.0_rtw_x64.msi'
- Find the 64-bit msi download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47337
- According to the download page, the url Rewrite Module 2.0 provides a rule-based rewriting mechanism for changing requested URL’s before they get processed by web server and for modifying response content before it gets served to HTTP clients.